As each year passes, we seek to provide new inspiration for our home or amend existing details that will transform our environment, providing an ever-changing and on trend space where we feel most at peace.
When a new season approaches, decorators, designers and craftsmen show us the trends in interior fashion that they propose will reinvigorate and beautify our living spaces.
It is so hard to believe that we are already in October, just a mere couple of months away from a brand new year. It is during this time, where we can inform you of the key 5 trends we must look out for in 2020. Are you ready?
- The separation of environments and use of natural materials For many years, we have yearned for open spaces where movement and communication is free and easy. However, this is likely to change in 2020 as designers look for divisions within environments, to provide a greater sense of privacy and intimacy from within each space. We love this notion!
- Colour trends – Grey You may have thought the love affair with grey interiors would have waned by now, yet it shows no sign of stopping. Simple, clean, elegant and versatile in its colour, grey enables you to set a relaxing and cosy atmosphere within any environment. In 2020, look at how grey is used in a bolder way, combining its subtly with vibrant companion colours. This also applies to furniture decoration, carpets and textiles.
- Trending Material – Dark Wood Unlike previous years in which lighter wood was favoured, 2020 will see the immersion of darker tones, providing the home with greater elegance and luxury.
- Metal and metal colours as materials to decorate Metals are a force to be reckoned with in 2020. Arriving in all shapes, sizes and variants, from those of industrial aesthetics such as steel or those of oxidized aspect, to gold, silver and brass, metals of all kinds will be incorporated throughout our decor with tables, lamps, lighting alongside various other accessories, features and decorative pieces.
- Pictures of all kinds to embellish bare walls Pictures are a way to invoke colour, personality and emotion to our living spaces. They are an important decorative feature and can enhance the look and feel of an environment. Combine colours, styles and sizes to create your own artistic mural.
So, what do you think?
You may ask why trends matter so much to us here at Black and Key. Well, they matter enormously. We like to keep our eye on the latest movements and innovations in interior design so that we can better help you, our customers, when it comes to seeking the perfect design and creation for your home. We hope you have taken inspiration from this week’s blog and we look forward to discussing your ideas with you over the next couple of months!